Autumn 1998, Vol. 1 #2
The Autumn 1998 issue features include:
- Bracing for the Fall: Unraveling mysteries of the woodcock by Lawrence Pyne
- Dog-Gone Woodcock! Sage advice from an old timberdoodler saves the season by James E. Churchill
- Red & Gray: Determined to understand the color phases of the ruffed grouse by Bob Humphrey
- Making Sense of the Cycle: Enlightenment through a hunter's experience and observation by Jason A. Smith and Illustrated by Chris Smith
- Where Do Our Wings Go? You'll be as surprised to find out what is learned, as how it is learned by David Hart
- Forum, and Letters: A provocative viewpoint from Art Belisle, and your comments
From The Upland Kitchen, this issue features "Grouse with Apple" by Carl Knoch.
Also in this issue are all of your favorite departments including Greetings from the Publisher,The Upland Kitchen, RGS Update, The Camp Library, Conservation, The Healthy Dog, The Check Cord, Lock, Stock & Barrel, Classic Guns, From Our Mailbox, Classifieds, and Tailfeathers.
The Autumn 1998 Cover is called "Old Gate Ruffs" by Ross B. Young. For information about artist Ross B. Young, visit www.rossyoung.com.