Spring 1999, Vol. 1 #4
The Spring 1999 issue features include:
- Life and Death, On Radio: Correlation of Hunting and Woodcock Population is Studied by Lawrence Pyne
- Fear Not, the Business of Biodiversity: Creating early successional habitat to encourage upland species by Lawrence Pyne
- The Singing Grounds: A Stunning Photo-essay on Woodcock by Phillip Roca
- Virginia is for Grouse Lovers: Perfect grouse country - tough terrain and rewarding hunts by David Hart
- Ready. Set. Drum! Male grouse add rhythm to the symphony of spring by Jason Smith
From The Upland Kitchen, this issue features "Elegant Simplicity - Camp Style" by Greg Homsby.
Also in this issue are all of your favorite departments including Greetings from the Publisher,The Upland Kitchen, RGS Update, The Camp Library, Conservation, The Healthy Dog, The Check Cord, Lock, Stock & Barrel, Classic Guns, From Our Mailbox, Classifieds, and Tailfeathers.
The Spring 1999 Cover is called "Timberdoodle" by Nancy Howe. For information about artist Jim Rataczak, visit www.nancyhowe.com.