Summer 2002, Vol. 5 #1
The Summer 2002 issue features include:
- Trying to Tip the Scales: Quail Hunting in the Vast Southwest Is Wide-Open Adventure by Craig Springer
- Gear and Gadgets for Bird Hunters by The Grouse Point Staff
- Spreader Loads: Put the Scatter Back in Your Scatter Gun by Lawrence Pyne
- Porcupine Avoidance Training: One of the Best Gifts You Can Give to Your Gun Dog! by James McCann
- Uplanders Greeted With Avalanche of Choices: New Side-by-Sides Spice Shotgun Market by Stan Trzoniec
- Worries and Wanderings of a Woodcock Hunter: All You Need to Know, Courtesy of a Game Warden by William G. Tapply
From The Upland Kitchen, this issue features "Poppy Seed Grouse" by Jeffrey L. Allen.
Also in this issue are all of your favorite departments including Greetings from the Publisher, The Healthy Dog, The Upland Kitchen, RGS Update, Tailgate Review, In the Swing, Conservation, Lock, Stock & Barrel, The Check Cord, Classic Guns, From Our Mailbox, Classifieds, and Tailfeathers.
The Summer 2002 Cover is called "The Grouse Hunter" by Frank B. Hoffman (1858-1958). Oil, 9 X 12 inches. For information on artist Frank B. Hoffman, contact Pendleton's American Fine Art at 417-859-5319.