Winter 1998, Vol. 1 #4
The Winter 1998 issue features include:
- Mooneyes Over Michigan: Notes on woodcock hunting and population trends in the big woods state by Ralph F. Quinn
- Happy Hour Hunting: If you're short of time for the big trips, here's a neat idea by Thomas J. Roth
- Blackpowder and Beating Wings: Upland bird hunting for the purist at heart, and the patient afield by Charles Chalk
- Grouse On Ice: A new passion found after an unrewarding deer season by Ken Baily
- Alaska: Feathers and fins--the Cold Bay way by Craig Kulchak
From The Upland Kitchen, this issue features "Smoking Your Grouse" by Kate Hayes.
Also in this issue are all of your favorite departments including Greetings from the Publisher,The Upland Kitchen, RGS Update, The Camp Library, Conservation, The Healthy Dog, The Check Cord, Lock, Stock & Barrel, Classic Guns, From Our Mailbox, Classifieds, and Tailfeathers.
The Winter 1998 Cover is called "Winter Wonder-Ruffed Grouse" by David Maass. For information about artist David Maass, visit www.wildwings.com.