Winter 2000, Vol. 3 #3
The Winter 2000 issue features include:
- No Mean Feat: Mearns' quail hunting a winter delight by Lawrence Pyne
- Getting the Blues: Grouse hunting of a different feather in the vast expanses of the West by Gary Hubbell
- Selective Grouse Shooting by Randall P. Schwalbach
- English Pointers? As Grouse Dogs? Really? Sure, but maybe not for everyone by John C. Gosselin
- Training on Pen-Raised Birds: Getting your dog ready for wild things by Stephen C. Rafe
- A Christmas Grouse: Birds of the second season by Frank Jezioro
From The Upland Kitchen, this issue features "Autumn Sweetness" by Patrice Rainville.
Also in this issue are all of your favorite departments including Greetings from the Publisher,The Healthy Dog, The Upland Kitchen, RGS Update, Conservation, Wild Bird Trials, Notes from the Fieldbook, The Camp Library, Tailgate Review, Lock, Stock & Barrel, The Check Cord, Classic Guns, From Our Mailbox, Classifieds, and Tailfeathers.
The Winter 2000 Cover is called "Gambels Quail - Sonaran Desert" by David Hagerbaumer. Original watercolor. For information about artist David Hagerbaumer, visitwww.hagerbaumernewellwildlifeart.com.